Wednesday 18 June 2014

My Top 10 Favourite Chick Flick Movies

I absolutely love movies, and I'm a total film fanatic. Therefore, I decided that I am going to create a blog series of where I tell and describe to you my top 10 favorite films from different genres and categories.

To kick off 'My Top 10 Movie Blog Series' I am going to be telling you about my 10 most favorite chick flicks of all time. So whether your having a girly night in with the girls, or just fancy watching a good old chick flick then keep on reading below to see what some of my best-loved ones are and, a brief description in my own words of what they are about...
My Top 10 Most Favorite Chick Flick Movies

1. Angus Thongs And Perfect Snogging (2008)
To start with in opinion, my most favorite Chick Flick movie of all time has got to be Angus Thongs And Perfect Snogging. Originally a teen book series written by author- Louise Rennison it is about a teenage girl called Georgia and her experiences growing up. The girly British comedy,  gives you an insight on Georgia's life as a typical teenage girl while trying to plan her birthday party but at the same time still worrying about the way she looks, dating boys, popularity and her friendship with fellow best friends (The Ace Gang).

2. The Notebook (2004)
My second favorite chick flick movie is The Notebook. A romantic drama, based on the Nicholas Sparks novel is one of the most heart warming films I have ever seen. Set in the early 1940's it is about a tale of a young couple who fall in love but, face many difficulties in their relationship.
 

3. Wild Child (2008)
Spoilt, wild American teen, Poppy Moore has pushed her father to the limit, leaving him no choice but to send her way to a boarding school in the country side of England; in which her late mother once attended. At first she hates everything about it and tries anything in her power to get thrown out of the school. However, after making a great group of friends and meeting a posh, handsome boy- Freddie she realizes that this is where she wants to be despite facing being expelled.

4. Mean Girls (2004)
Mean girls is probably one of the most famous, well known chick flick movies of all time. After living in Africa and never attending school before, Cady could never have possibly imagined just how wild high school life is, and what it means to be popular. Set in a high school, the comedy- chick flick follows the lives of four teenage girls (the populars) and the rules they have to abide by to in order to be accepted, even if it means being a total mean girl.

5. St. Trinian's (2007)
St. Trinian's, a school for 'young ladies' is full of uncontrollable, unruly, manipulative girls who are lovers of explosions, destruction and all things devious. However, when their school begins to buckle under bankruptcy the group of school girls come together in order to hatch a plan to save their school.

6. The vow (2012)
I can honestly say that I love this film unconditionally. The words throughout are beautiful and melt my heart every single time I watch it. Based on a true story of a couple who are madly in love, end up involved in a car accident leaving Paige in coma. After finally waking up, Paige suffers from severe memory loss, resulting in her not being able to remember anything from her recent past including her husband- Leo. This leads Leo on a path of true love in order to win back his wife's heart by trying to get her to fall in love with him all over again.

7. LOL (2012)
In an age of being surrounded by social media, as wells as the pressures of growing up as an average teen at high school, the film LOL shows you the experiences through both the daughters and mothers eyes. As a new school year begins, Lola's heart is broken by her boyfriend, but now single she falls for her best friend Kylie. Overall it is a fabulous teen movie that goes down brilliantly at sleepovers.

8. Hairspray (2007)
Definitely my most favorite musical of all time, I love everything about this fun, entertaining film- from the songs and dances to the outfits and scenery. Set in the Sixties (my favorite era) teenager Tracy Turnblad teaches Baltimore to embrace integration after landing a spot on a local TV dance show- The Corny Collins Show. This fun loving film is sure to set you dancing happily around your bedroom, as wells as learning a very important message about life and acceptance.

9.  27 Dresses (2008)
Landing 9th place in my top favorite chick flick movies is 27 dresses. After being a bridesmaid 27 times for other people, a young woman has to face the idea of standing by her sister's side as her she watches her sibling marrying the man she's secretly in love with and works for. Will Jane ever find her true love and experience the best day of her life for herself? This is a perfect romantic comedy for all ages to enjoy.

10. 13 Going on 30 (2004)
Lastly on my list of my top ultimate chick flicks, and making tenth place is the film- 13 Going On 30. A 13 year old girl wishes she could just grow up and be 30 already. One birthday all of her wishes come true and wakes up the next day as a 30 year old woman. Thirty, flirty and thriving, is being in your thirties really the best time of your life?

So that's it folks, the first blog post of my new 'Top 10 Favorite Movie series'. I hope you enjoyed hearing all about what some of my most favorite girly films of all time are, and getting a brief low down in my own words of what they are about.

'Do more of what makes you happy.'



No comments:

Post a Comment