Sunday 15 June 2014

May Beauty Favourites 2014

The following will be about all things beauty related that I have been loving recently in the month of May-


Skincare (face)

Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser-
For my skincare, I have been using the same facial moisturiser for over 6 months now, and for me I personally have not found another product quite like this Simple one. I have dry skin, prone to sensitivity and breakouts and this moisturiser does exactly what it says on the bottle, it is light, and hydrating on my skin and is also a really great price for such an amazing product. I would definitely recommend it. 
 
Asda- Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser £3.99

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water-
The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water has had a huge impact on my skin in such a positive way. This is due to the fact that I always used to use facial wipes to try and take off my makeup (bad idea) as it it made me break out, and even after scrubbing at my face, traces of makeup were still evidential. Now however, after squirting a few drops onto some cotton pads and swiping my face with this glorious cleansing water it has never been easier to remove my makeup. Although, for me I am already on my second bottle and personally do not think it lasts for 200 uses that it claims to.

Boots- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water £4.99

Skincare (body) 
Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturiser
In England the weather has been lovely and warm recently (for a change) so whenever the slightest bit of sun comes out I like to embrace it. Therefore, moisturising has been essential in my current routine after stepping out of the shower, to make sure my skin is healthy looking and well hydrated. The Vaseline Spray & go moisturiser is perfect for doing so- It is quick, effective and does the job perfectly. You simply sake the can, spray onto the skin in where you wish to apply moisturiser to, and then rub in, allowing it to immediately soak in. This is by far my all time most favorite body moisturiser, mainly due to the fact that unlike many other body moisturisers, the Vaseline Spray & Go does not leave you sticky and waddling like a penguin waiting for it to dry for ages.
 Boots- Vaseline Spray & Go Body Moisturiser £4.99

Makeup-
L'Oreal Paris True Match Minerals Foundation
I can honestly say that i have been converted from any other type of foundation. The L'Oreal Paris True Match Minerals Foundation is a life saver! It is smooth and buffs into the skin beautifully in no time at all, making my face look flawless and glowing once finished. It can be applied on it's own, or over liquid foundation for extra full coverage and you only need to use a very small amount. There are only two negatives about this product however, which are that it is extremely messy (so do not apply when wearing clothes you do not wish to get dirty), and that the brush attached is uncomfortable and quite prickly almost.
To solve this problem though I would recommended using another brush.
I use the Real Techniques Powder brush to apply and buff into the skin- it is extremely soft and a great brush to use.
Boots- L'Oreal Paris True Match Minerals Foundation £14.99
Real Techniques Powder Brush- £12.99
 
L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara-
Throughout May this has been my go-to mascara. It makes my lashes look luxurious, long, full and, it does not clump and flake throughout the day (bonus!) 
Boots- L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara £10.99


Benefit Dandelion Blush-
I have never really ever used powder blush until recently, as I usually either use Benefits- Benetint cheek and lip stain instead. Although, when I bought Benefits Sizzlin Six starter kit on a flight back in April I automatically fell in love with the blush it had inside. I personally think that the whole kit in general is fantastic and contains brilliant sample sized versions of some great products. The blush is a lovely rosy, light pink colour that looks natural and is perfect for my skin tone, and the look in which i wish to achieve. Although it is a sample size you do not need to apply very much, so I'm sure it will last quite a long time. Once the product is used up I am defiantly going to buy the full size, despite the high end price.

Benefit Dandelion Blush


Hair
Samy Fat Amplifying Hair Mousse-
This Fat Hair "0" Calories Amplifying Hair Mousse, I can honestly say is AMAZING! I have been using it for a very long time now and I cannot imagine my hair without it. After washing my hair, and applying some argon oil to the end, I just simply pump a small amount into the palms of my hands, watching the mouse expand and then i simply apply it to my hair, focusing on the middle body and the ends. My hair is naturally curly, so this gives it fabulous definition and stops it from going frizzy.
Superdrug- Samy Fat Amplifying Mousse £5.99

Fragrance
Natural Collection Passionfruit Body Spray
To round up my May beauty favorites is a fragrance. When the weather is warm throughout the summer months for a daily fragrance I prefer to use a body spray, compared to using an aerosol. This one from Boots smells divine and is an excellent price.
 Boots- Natural Collection Passionfruit Body Spray- £2

I hope you liked reading my monthly beauty favorites, and having a nosey of what items I have been loving in May.

'Do more of what makes you happy.'


No comments:

Post a Comment